Medical Restrictions at Massachusetts General Hospital
Due to certain health-related restrictions, flowers and/or balloons cannot be sent to the Intensive Care Units and the Hematology/Oncology Units. If we receive an order that includes a restricted product, we will contact you either by phone or email to ask for an alternative choice.
- Due to hospital policy, latex balloons are not allowed in the Hospital.
- No balloons or fresh flowers are allowed in ICU.
- No fresh flowers are allowed in Hem/Onc area and rooms.
- Plush toys -- most are clearly marked by the manufacturer as to age appropriateness. Please mention the child’s age so we can help with the selection.
- Certain toys -- small cars and planes, mini-animals, wind-up toys, bubbles and games with small pieces -- are not for children under the age of 3. We will help with the appropriate selection.
- Candy is not included in any of our packages because of potential diet restrictions.